These days, Smartphones are launching every week or so, resulting in a dilemma on which one to go for—particularly in the sub 20,000 price segment. But don’t worry! We got you covered. In this article, we are going to narrow down your search by revealing the top smartphones under 20000 in Nepal.
Lava R3 Note
The Lava R3 Note is also a relatively new entrant in the Nepali smartphone market. While this may not have the trendy features like dual camera and stuff, it does pack good enough specs for the price. The R3 Note also runs on its own Star OS on top of Android 8.1.
- Design: Plastic body
- Display: 6.22-inch IPS LCD display with HD+ resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 13MP with f/2.0 aperture, portrait lighting
- Front Camera: 8MP with f/2.0 aperture, portrait lighting
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 MT6762
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320, 650MHz
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 16GB with an option for storage expansion
- Platform: Android 8.1 with Star OS 5.1 on top
- Security: Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Battery: 3260 mAh
- Price: Rs 17,999
Xiaomi Redmi 6
Since the Xiaomi phones are making their mark in the budget segment offering a better price to performance ratio, the presence of the Redmi 6 is in the list wouldn’t be a surprise. The USP of this phone is its camera. Since it is a bit difficult to find the budget smartphone with dual camera setup, Redmi 6 stands out in the crowd with not only its dual cameras but also good picture quality from them.
The phone also features a capable MediaTek Helio P22 chipset with 3GB of RAM alongside. The phone is also rich when it comes to storage. With 64GB of onboard storage, the Redmi 6 stands tall among all the smartphones in the list in terms of memory.
- Design: Plastic body
- Display: 5.45″ IPS LCD HD+ resolution (720 x 1440) with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Back Camera: Dual camera, 12 MP lens with PDAF, f/2.2 aperture + 5 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P22
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 3 GB
- Platform: Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9
- Storage: 64 GB (expandable up to 256 GB via microSD)
- Battery: 3000 mAh
- Security: Fingerprint sensor and AI Face Unlock
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Price in Nepal: Rs.18,490 (64 GB)
Sony Xperia XA1 Plus
Although the phone looks dated with big bezels on its top and the bottom, XA1 Plus is a great phone and is one of the most deserving contenders in the list of best smartphones under 20000 in Nepal. The phone comes with 5.5-inch Full-HD IPS display, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4 on the top. Since it packs a pixel density of 401PPI, the contents look all sharp and crisp.
On the performance front, the XA1 Plus sports Helio P20 chipset and enjoys 4GB RAM and 32GB storage. Well, this setup may not handle all the demanding apps and games but it really well on performing day to day tasks. The camera is one of the biggest traits of Sony smartphones and the XA1 Plus is no different. It comes with a remarkable rear camera, which embraces a 23MP Sony Sensor. And there is a noteworthy 8MP camera on the front.
Even on the battery department, the XA1 Plus is equally impressive. It holds a 3430mAh non-removable battery. Since the Sony phones are really optimized, it provides a decent backup on the use. Also, there is a USB Type-C port with fast charging option, which is awe-inspiring, especially at this price segment.
- Display: 5.5 inches IPS LCD display with Full-HD resolution (1080 x 1920 pixels) with Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Rear Camera: 23 MP lens with f/2.0 aperture
- Front Camera: 8 MP lens with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek MT6757 Helio P20
- GPU: Mali T880-MP2
- RAM: 4 GB
- Platform: Android Nougat (7.0), upgradeable to Android Oreo (8.0)
- Storage: 32 GB, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (side mounted)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2
- Battery: 3,420mAh battery
- Price: Rs.19,000 on Daraz
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite
Now Xiaomi phones do provide great value for money, even in the budget segment. But yes, MIUI can sometimes be an eyesore. And so, Xiaomi has launched two phones with stock Android experience, i.e. Android One on their phones – which are the Mi A2 and the Mi A2 Lite. While the Mi A2 is a mid-ranger costing less than 35000, the Mi A2 is the lighter version of it.
The Mi A2 Lite comes in two variants: 3 / 32 GB and 4 / 64 GB with the Snapdragon 625 chip at the helm. It also packs dual cameras, a trendy feature of 2018, and overall, is a good enough performer actually.
- Design: Metal body
- Display: 5.84-inch IPS LCD display with Full-HD+ resolution, (2280×1080 pixels), 19:9 aspect ratio, 432 PPI
- Rear Camera: Dual, 12 MP lens with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF + 5 MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP lens, with f/2.0 aperture
- Processor: Octa-core 2.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625
- GPU: Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage: 32GB; Expandable up to 256GB via SD card (dedicated slot)
- Platform: Android 8.1 (Oreo), Android One
- Security: Fingerprint scanner
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- Latest Price: Rs. 19,999 (3/32GB)
Samsung Galaxy A20
The Samsung Galaxy A20 comes with the glossy plastic back. The phone comes with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display. Although the resolution is merely HD+, the contents on its screen look vibrant because of the Super AMOLED panel. Since the handset features a tiny notch on the top, viewing the contents on its screen doesn’t look as obtrusive.
On the performance part, the phone enjoys Exynos 7884 chipset backed by 3GB of RAM. The phone also comes aboard with 32GB of storage to let you store all your files and photos. Talking about the camera, the phone houses a dual cam set up at the back. Since the secondary shooter in this device employs an ultra-wide-angle lens, you can capture the subject with an increased field of view when needed.
Galaxy A20 also embraces the latest Android Pie out of the box with Samsung’s optimized OneUI on the top. The power demands are satisfied by a massive 4000mAh battery.
- Display: 6.4-inch (1560 × 720 pixels) HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-V display
- Processor: Octa-Core Exynos 7884 (Dual 1.6 GHz + Hexa 1.35 GHz) processor
- RAM: 3GB
- Storage: 32GB, expandable up to 512GB via micro SD card
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with Samsung One UI
- Rear Camera: 13MP with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 5MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.0 aperture
- Dimension: 158.4 x 74.7 x 7.8mm
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- Battery: 4,000mAh
- Price: Rs 20,500
Xiaomi Redmi 7
The Redmi 7is Xiaomi’s latest budget offering. The handset comes with a 6.26-inch dot notch display with HD+ Resolution. To evade the vulnerabilities of cracks and scratches during the falls, the device is shielded with Gorilla Glass 5 on the top.
Performance is the strong suit of Xiaomi phones and the Redmi 7 follows that trend. The phone flaunts a capable Snapdragon 632 chipset which comes alongside the 3GB RAM and 32GB ROM combo. So running some graphics intensive games at low settings won’t be a problem after all.
Redmi 7 boots on Android Pie out of the box with MIUI 10 on the top. Although the UI shows advertisements here and there, the UI packs tons of options for customizations. In terms of battery, a 4000mAh keeps the device running.
- Display: 6.26-inch IPS display with Gorilla Glass 5 Protection
- Resolution: HD+ (720 x 1520 pixels); 19:9 aspect ratio @ 269PPI
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 632
- CPU: Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 250 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 506
- RAM: 2GB/3GB
- Storage: 16GB/32GB; Expandable up to 512GB via SD card (dedicated slot)
- OS: Android Pie (v9.0) with MIUI 9 on the top
- Rear Camera: Dual camera –(12 MP, f/2.2, 1.25 μm, PDAF) + (2 MP, depth sensor), LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass
- Battery: 4000mAh with 10W charging; Uses Micro USB 2.0 port
- Colors: Black, Blue, Red
- Price: Rs. 16,999 (3/32GB)
Samsung Galaxy M20
Samsung’s budget phones are not known for the value for money aspect…i.e. until recently, when the M-series launched. With the M-series, Samsung seems to have listened to their customers, and made a lot of things right! And the GalaxyM20, with its features, does a lot of things right.
In the international market, it leaves many things to be desired still. But in the Nepali market, the things that the Samsung Gaaxy M20 packs can certainly be considered the best in the business. And therefore, it makes the top of this list of Top Smartphones Under 20000 in Nepal. However, we won’t see the 4 GB / 64 GB variant in Nepal, only the smaller 3 / 32 GB option.
- Display: 6.3-inch IPS LCD display, Full-HD+ resolution (1080 x 2340 pixels) with 2.5D curved glass on the top
- Rear Camera: Dual camera – 13MP wide-angle + 5MP ultra-wide-angle camera, LED flash
- Front Camera: 8MP
- CPU: Octa-core Samsung’s Exynos 7904 (2×1.8 GHz Cortex-A73 & 6×1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G71MP2
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage: 32 GB; Expandable via micro SD card (Dedicated slot)
- OS: Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Experience UI 9.5 on the top
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Battery: 5000mAh with fast charging support (15W fast charging, takes 2 hours and 15 minutes for full charge)
- Price in Nepal: Rs. 18,490 (3/32GB)